Friday, July 10, 2009

A Sad Day

Yesterday I received some sad (for me) but not totally unexpected news that my friend and training partner is moving to Ottawa. I know this is a great opportunity for her and I think her heart and mind have been there for awhile now anyway but I still can't help but feel a little sad for what I'm going to be losing. It made me think of how much my life has changed over the last few years and how happy I am to have found the path I'm on.

Shona was instrumental in getting me as involved in agility as I am today and while my bank account may not be very happy about it I certainly am. I've been in a bit of a funk all day thinking about how much I'm going to miss seeing my friend every week. But then I remembered that we live in a cyber world and I'm sure we'll be emailing each other every day and how much more fun it will be now when I see her at a trial. So I'm putting on a brave face and stepping into the world of weekly agility training minus my teacher and friend.

Today I am grateful for the time Shona and I have spent together over the last few years. I'm also grateful we live in a world that will allow us to stay in touch so easily so that our friendship is not ending, just entering a new phase.

No comments: