Wednesday, April 15, 2009

2 Shiny Dogs

Today Peso and Phoenix got groomed! It was so needed after a winter at the barn. Don't get me wrong I love having a place to train in the winter but the dirt just clings to everything it touches - it could be the star of its own horror movie the way it invades your person, car, home, dogs etc. Thanks Michelle for making them look so beautiful, I think I may even have to leave them home tomorrow just so I can keep them so white.

Last night was very productive at the barn. Shona took video of Phoenix's frame which is in need of some immediate first aid which I will be sending off to my instructor for tips on how to proceed. She is "shuffling" down the downside of the frame so an intervention is needed. I will post the video when I get it so you can see what I mean.

We set up the modified Steeplechase courses from April's Clean Run last night and ran them with Peso and Baxter. Peso is so much fun to run on those types of courses and other than his weave entries we rocked. At some point I really will have to come up with a plan to work on weave entries with him but too much on my plate right now with the red girl to think about retraining Peso.

Today I'm grateful for my groomer Michelle and her never ending patience and positive attitude with my wild dogs. Thanks again :)

1 comment:

Loki said...

No more barn! Plus my ragamuffin has new burrs today.