Monday, April 13, 2009

I've taken over...

Peso has been very, very lazy updating his blog so he's been banned from the computer and Mom's taken over. I can't believe how much we've done since our last post. We had a great summer competing and finished all our Master titles, except for Snooker and Team. The rain was a complete downer and I learned that Peso does not like to run when it's wet...he seems to decide that 2on2offs are for suckers and weave poles are best done by running straight by them. Let's hope this summer does not rain every single weekend I have off!!!!

2009 has started off well for Peso and I, we haven't done many trials but we've been successful in the ones we've gone to. Thanks to the changes in the AAC rules we no longer need Team for our ATChC - I am super thrilled - even though it means I have to get one more snooker leg. So we are down to two snooker Qs for our title - YAY. On the first weekend in May we are heading to Kingston for Morningstar's trial and we have 4 snooker runs so keep your fingers crossed for us. Besides finishing our ATChC this year we are working our butts off to get ready for Regionals and hope to qualify and attend our first Nationals.

My soon to be 2 border collie, Phoenix, and I are finally starting to come together as a team. She's a faaaaaaast little girl who has done a few Jumpers runs this year and has moved into Advanced. I'm hoping to be able to start fully trialing her this summer. She is really testing my abilities in completely different ways then Peso and I love it! In December 08 we went to our first Skills Camp at Say Yes and we are hooked - if you can get to Say Yes you should go - Susan and her team are inspirational! I'm heading back next week for Laura Derrett's workshops but the weather looks awful :( Hopefully Susan will let us in her building....pleeeeaaaaaase. I have also fallen in love with the way Susan ends every post on her blog with something she is grateful for and I've decided to do the same.

Today I am grateful for my dogs. They are truly incredible and gifted animals and they have taught me so much in the short time I've had them. Thank you to their breeders for entrusting these amazing creatures to my care. I love them with all my heart.

No comments: